NORTH GEORGIA HOME INSPECTION- TIPS FOR HOME SELLERS
These are the issues that keep popping up on the “most reported list” in our inspection reports:
- Debris filled gutters and roof valleys (possibility of leaks).
- Excess creosote in chimneys (possibility of chimney fire).
- Ground fault circuit interrupters (those electric outlets with buttons) that don’t trip.
- Loose commodes (danger of sewer gas) need new wax seal and secured.
- Dirty furnace filters and gas furnace vents to the outside that don’t have protective screening to prevent critter entry.
- Outside a/c units that have settled with the house backfill and need leveling.
- Incorrect ground slope at the foundation due to house backfill settlement. Remember that water does not run uphill! Water leaks and infiltration into the structure is a big issue.
- Doors that don’t latch due to wood shrinkage.
- Fogged windows (hazy look) when moisture gets in between the insulated glass panes.
- Hot and cold water supply lines reversed. Hot is on left cold is on right except in the UK. Sink stoppers that are disconnected.
- Metal roofs with loosened the screw attachments due to roof movement.
- Ridge end cap shingles that are split.