Ellijay, GA 30540 · Mobile: (706) 273-0345
TIPS FOR HOME SELLERS
NORTH GEORGIA HOME INSPECTIONS: “THE NORTH GEORGIA INSPECTION AUTHORITY”
NORTH GEORGIA HOME INSPECTION- TIPS FOR HOME SELLERS
These are the issues that keep popping up on the “most reported list” in our inspection reports:
- Debris filled gutters and roof valleys (possibility of leaks).
- Excess creosote in chimneys (possibility of chimney fire).
- Ground fault circuit interrupters (those electric outlets with buttons) that don't trip.
- Loose commodes (danger of sewer gas) need new wax seal and secured.
- Dirty furnace filters and gas furnace vents to the outside that don't have protective screening to prevent critter entry.
- Outside a/c units that have settled with the house backfill and need leveling.
- Incorrect ground slope at the foundation due to house backfill settlement. Remember that water does not run uphill! Water leaks and infiltration into the structure is a big issue.
- Doors that don't latch due to wood shrinkage.
- Fogged windows (hazy look) when moisture gets in between the insulated glass panes.
- Hot and cold water supply lines reversed. Hot is on left cold is on right except in the UK. Sink stoppers that are disconnected.
- Metal roofs with loosened the screw attachments due to roof movement.
- Ridge end cap shingles that are split.
Contact Chuck Handte Building Inspections today to receive a quote for your inspection of a home or commercial property. Other services available upon request.
ICC Building Code Inspector
Residential Combination License
Certified Home Inspector
GA Residential Contractor
P.O. box 17
Ellijay, GA 30540
Mobile (706) 273-0345
©Chuck Handte Building Inspections. All Rights Reserved. |